The OG fast food outlet has returned to Singapore after more than a decade. They staked their claim long before McDonald’s and KFC entered the local market, and they’re back into our hearts and bellies once more.
These are some of the all-time classic menu items making a comeback:
- A&W root beer (S$2.90), served in a chilled mug.
- Chicken/Beef Coney Dog (S$5.20).
- Curly Fries (S$3.60).
- Root Beer Float (S$3.50)
- Waffle Ice Cream (S$7.90).
Newer editions to the menu include:
- Cream Cheese Chicken/Beef Burgers (S$7.90), originally from A&W restaurants in Okinawa, Japan.
- Golden Aroma Chicken (from S$3.20) from Indonesia.
A&W at Jewel Changi Airport is one of the few outlets there that are open 24/7 so you can squeeze in some nostalgic chow time whenever you want.
For Muslim diners, do note that while A&W is not halal certified, they are in the midst of getting it, so hang on tight.